Painting walls is the best way to brighten up your house. Whether you love dark colors that deliver drama or you are a fan of tranquil hues, a few gallons of paint can instantly elevate the whole look of the room. Before you get excited and lay your hands on a paintbrush and roller, it’s crucial that you make sure that the interiors of your house are ready for a painting job. It’s no secret that preparation leads to perfection.
Follow these steps to prepare your house for a sharp and well-done painting job
1. Move away all the furniture out of the way: It’s best to move away all your furniture to another room. This way you can avoid the risk of damaging the furniture with paint drips and splatters. However, if you can’t move them to another room, just move them to the centre of the room and cover them with plastic sheets. Use a painter’s plastic so that the paint doesn’t drip past the sheets.
2. Cover the entire floor: If you are planning to paint the walls as well as the ceiling, it’s best to cover the entire floor. Use canvas drop cloths. They do not just soak the heavy spills but you also avoid the risk of slipping. If you are not painting the ceiling, then use a canvas cloth that’s just a few feet wide. It’s best to cover the entire floor so that you are safe, not sorry.
3. Clean the walls: Use a microfibre to clean the walls. If you are planning to paint the kitchen and the bathroom, use a liquid detergent to clean the walls. You can rinse the walls, especially in the kitchen and bathroom, with water. Let the walls dry completely. You can also sand or vacuum the walls. Remove the moulds, if there are any.
4. Repair the damaged areas: Carefully inspect walls for cracks, holes or dents. Before you begin priming the walls, it’s important that you patch all imperfections. What may seem like a small hole will stick out like a sore thumb once the painting job is over. Even the best paint for walls would look bad, if there are unsightly cracks and dents. It’s best to use sealants with excellent hiding property.
5. Prime your walls: For a professional finish, prime the walls. A primer covers the existing paint color and gives you a perfect finish. It may seem like a lot of work but it will increase the paint durability and you may require fewer coats of paint. Use our BP Cement Primer (https://www.bergernepal.com/product-detail/bp-cement-primer–wt-) to ensure your walls are perfectly smooth. Our primer has excellent opacity that ensures the paint color you use looks vibrant and bright.
We hope you have found these tips useful. For more such tips, watch out for this space.
Looking for the best paint for home interior?
Berger Paints Nepal is your one-stop destination for all your home painting requirements. We have the best paint for walls, interior as well as exterior products along with primers and putty, that can give your walls a perfect finish.
Visit https://www.bergernepal.com/ to inquire about our products and painting services given by professional experts.