In our last segment, we shared with you some of the common painting mistakes that people make. We just found out that you all have been there as many of you wrote back with painting goof-ups that you have made. Whether it was hiring an amateur painter or not spending money on high-quality tools, our readers shared with us how they went from picture-perfect to design disasters. With the help of our readers, we have compiled the ultimate list of painting mistakes one should avoid.
1. Buying cheap brushes and rollers: While home renovation projects tend to be expensive, it may make sense to cut corners wherever possible. However, it would not be prudent to cut costs by going for the cheapest tools available. Low-quality brushes, rollers and paint sprays will not give the paint good coverage. They will also not long last. An uneven job will force you to change the tools midway. What may seem like saving money will cost you in the long run.
2. Hiring amateur painter: When you hire a professional painter, the end job looks professional. When you hire an amateur to save money, you end up with botched up work. It best to hire a professional painter or paint company to paint your home. The equipment that professional painters bring along with them, the efficiency with which they work and the amazing quality of work they do are all unmatchable.
3. Not waiting for the first coat of paint to dry: You can kill the look of your wall by painting the second coat without letting the first coat dry. It’s best to read the instructions on the paint carefully rather than relying on guesswork. It is best to way for at least 24 hours before applying the second coat of paint.
4. Skipping undercoats: The undercoats have a specific job to do. They are meant to prepare the wall for the topcoats. They prevent paint colors from bleeding through and provide adhesion and smooth surface. When you skip applying undercoats, you end up with uneven coverage. Moreover, without an undercoat, the wall soaks too of paint, increasing the cost of your painting work.
Try out the undercoats of Berger Paints for both interior and exterior walls. One of our product Seal-O-Prime works both as a sealer and as an undercoat. Click to know more: https://bergernepal.com/product-detail/seal-o-primer
5. Not taking the weather into consideration: Whether you are painting the exterior of your house or interior, it’s a must that you take weather into consideration. Painting your house when the humidity levels are high is not recommended. Moisture in the air can make it difficult for the paint to dry. Summer is usually the most appropriate time to paint. Warm and dry weather ensures that you will be done with your painting job quickly.
Berger Paints Nepal: Your one-stop shop for all your house painting needs
After reading these inputs from our readers we hope you have a fair idea of what it takes to get a perfect painting job done at your house. If you are interested in getting your home painted without making these mistakes, hire our services. With Express Painting by Berger Paints Nepal, you can get your house painted by professional painters using automatic machines and high-quality certified tools.