Painting your rooms by yourself is fun, and if you are new to it, trying a couple of times will suffice to get the hang of the process. However, it’s crucial to have all the supplies at your disposal in order to make your painting journey smooth sailing.
Here’s a checklist of almost all the painting essentials that you would need to transform the look of your house:
Preparing the walls is a must to achieve proper results. When visiting the store for making a purchase, make sure to include these painting preparation essentials in your shopping cart:
Scraper: Scraping off peels and cracks on the walls is a must to achieve a consistent finish. Doing this also helps to ensure the longevity of the new paint colors. Buy one or two pieces of wall paint scrapers to remove older paint.
- Sanding paper: After you are done scraping off the old paint, use sanding papers to smoothen rough textures on the walls and make sure that there are no bumps. It’s best to buy sanding papers in bulk; get your hands on a couple of packs of a dozen pieces.
- Soap-based cleaning solution: Scraping and sanding the paint often leads to a build-up of dirt and grease on the walls. Buy a bottle of soap-based cleaning solution to clean the walls and ready them for priming. The cleaner your walls, the better the primer will set.
- Masking tape: There are certain areas on the walls where you don’t want to have the new color painted. To make sure that the paint doesn’t bleed into those areas, use masking tapes. This type of tape comes handy in covering window/door trims, outlets, and hardware.
These painting essentials come handy after you are done preparing the walls:
- Paint tray: Dipping paint brushes and rollers directly into the paint can lead to a lot of spills. This, in turn, adds more to your post-painting cleaning chore. To avoid this, buy paint trays and use them to keep a few dabs of paint as and when needed during the painting process.
- Painting brushes: Painting brushes are the go-to choice for many; they are easy to use and are easily available. When shopping for new painting brushes, make sure to choose brushes of large as well as small diameter. Use large diameter brushes to paint the central part of the walls and use small diameter brushes to paint the edges with precision.
- Paint rollers: Paint rollers come as a great option to paint quickly and maintain the consistency of the paint. If you are a beginner, go for rollers. Choose a roller that comes with replaceable sleeves. You can also choose patterned rollers to create interesting wall patterns.
- Primer: Prior to applying paint, it’s a must to apply 2 to 3 coats of primer on the walls; think of primer as the canvas. Allow 2 to 3 days of drying time for each coat of primer to achieve a rich look with the new paint.
- Paint: Lastly, buy paint colors of your choice and apply them on walls after the primer has fully dried. Just like the primer, make sure to apply 2 to 3 coats of paint to make the look last for a long period of time.
Get your rooms painted professionally
Don’t like the idea of going through several hassles of self-painting? Opt for our professional interior painting service, Express Painting. Our team at Express Painting are well-versed with state-of-the-art painting tools which are designed to impart a perfect look on your rooms with new paint.
Our colour consultants at Berger Paints Nepal can help you choose the right colours for your home. Reach out to us on our toll-free number 1660-012-3434 you can even write to us at email@example.com and learn more about Express Painting with Berger Paints Nepal at https://www.bergernepal.com/page/expresspainting.